What causes severe hair loss despite taking Oxycodone for hypothyroidism?
Hair loss in hypothyroidism can be oily as well
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
Hair loss is seen in hypothyroidism but is very rare with methadone and oxycodone. Moreover hair loss can be greasy in hypothyroidism also.
It is the skin which is dry in hypothyroidism. Hair can be greasy because oiliness depends on the activity of sebaceous glands which can be normal in hypothyroidism.
You should get your thyroid function tests to find out the cause of this hair loss.
Even if this hair loss is due to methadone , on the stopping the medicines it usually takes 3-4 months for hair loss to stop.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- What causes severe hair loss with normal iron levels
- What causes hair loss in men
- What causes severe hair loss and loss of eyebrow
- Severe hairfall had ivf whats the cause for hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- Is hair loss related to hypothyroidism
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- I am suffering from severe hair loss have hypothyroid
- What causes severe d dandruff and hair loss