What causes severe genital discharge with burning and itching?
Investigation,treatment to be done by a Physician
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
1. As you are having severe genital discharge, Burning sensation during urination, the problem is most likely to be due to Gonorrhea. With Chlamydia the symptoms would not be so severe.
2. Regarding Gonorrhea OTC medicines would not work out well.
3. Medicines (Meronidazole, probiotic, Bcomplex, folic acid) used by you do not have any effect over either Gonorrhea or Chlamydia.
4. Before starting the treatment your problem must be diagnosed and confirmed with investigations from the discharge, urine etc. Other STDs/ HIV have to be ruled out with investigations.
5. You have to consult a Dermato-Venereologist or a ID specialist who had adequate experience in the management of STD. Appropriate antibiotics and adequate duration of treatment and further tests for cure have to be done under the guidance of the physician.
6. Sex partners also have to be treated simultaneously.
Then you will be free from all your symptoms.
Try to stick to Safe sex always to avoid unnecessary mental tension.
Get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching in the genital area caused by tetralysal
- What causes genital herpes
- What causes genital scabing
- Vicodin causing itching genitals
- What could cause a burning rash around the genitals
- Can trichomoniasis cause genital redness, burning and itching?
- Causes of male genital itching
- What causes genital ulcers
- Does niacin cause itching in genitals
- Can losartan cause genital itch