What causes severe fatigue, weight loss, loss of appetite and intermittent fever?
Hello dear. CML is a good type of cancer.
Hello dear. I understand your concern for your brother.
Yes it could be CML. That can be ascertained by a peripheral smear examination, blood study for XXXXXXX chromosome and BCR -ABL translocation test.
Stage will be determined by a marrow and peripheral blood smear examination.
It has 3 stages- chronic phase, accelerated phase and blast phase. Most of the patients are diagnosed in chronic phase of disease. Chronic phase of the disease has good prognosis. They can be very well controlled on oral drug called tyrosine kinase inhibitors(imatinib, dasatinib etc).
Survival is also very good upto the tune of more than 10 years and sometimes even 15 years and more.
So no need to worry. Get him diagnosed and treated.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of slow weight loss
- Intermittent fever causes
- Will diabetes cause low grade intermittent fever
- Are fatigue, fever and weight loss symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What causes depression with severe fatigue
- What causes drastic weight loss
- Diabetic, severe fatigue causes
- What causes severe fatigue mild fever and body pain
- Causes of severe fatigue
- What could cause a painful neck headache and severe fatigue