What causes severe fatigue, right ear pain and lumps on neck?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: I have been feeling very fatigued, right ear hurting. I also have found two lumps,one on the right side of my neck, the other understand my chin on the right side. I have also had toothache on lower right molar. Is this some type of infection going on? I have no fever at the moment but also have had several headaches too.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes an infection is likely present

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The lumps are likely lymph nodes which are present in different area of the body and respond to infection/inflammation in the particular area.

The nodes in the neck respond to any infection/inflammation in the face, neck.

They would enlarge with an infection of the mouth and ear , though the pain in the ear can be due to pain that is referred from the mouth.
I.e - infection in the mouth can cause ear pain on the same side

Headaches and fatigue can also occur as a result of infection.

You may need to to see your doctor for assessment because if a bacterial infection is present, antibiotics would be needed.
If it is related to the mouth, then you may need to see a dentist

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James