What causes severe fatigue, elevated liver enzymes and cyst in lower kidney?
See a Nephrologist. Urgent to esnure kidney function is within normal limit
Hi and thanks for the query,
I understand this could be very disturbing as you rightly put it.
First high liver enzyme tests on its own can be difficult to interpret. It might be a reason not to worry in case the ultrasound you did never revealed any problems or changes in the liver architecture. However, many factors could alter liver function tests like exercise, stress and drugs. I would advice screening for viral hepatitis and running the liver function tests again.
Raised lymphocytes are seen commonly in viral infections. It becomes serious when these remain persistently high or remain excessively high more than 20 000cells/mm3.
My major concern is with the cyst that was seen in the kidney and raised blood pressure. It is imperative for you to seek the opinion of a nephrologist (kidney specialist). Other kidney function tests are required like blood urea and creatinine levels and testing for ions in blood like Sodium, calcium and Potassium. Changes in levels of these hormones, usually seen in kidney disease could partly explain the fatigue. It might of interest to be sure that your hemoglobin levels were ok with your complete blood count, for anemia could also partly explain fatigue.
I strongly advice you book an appointment with a nephrologist. Hypertension of kidney origin must be excluded, especially in your case.
Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
Your walk clinic doctor for sure will refer you.
Hi and thanks for the update,
I understand how disturbing this could be. I think your doctor in the walk clinic hopefully should for sure refer you.
Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the very best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated liver enzymes and fatigue
- Formaldehyde cause elevated liver enzymes
- Dilaudid causing elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive cmv
- Ultram causing elevated liver enzymes
- Can kidney stomes cause elevated liver enzymes
- Kidney stones cause elevated liver enzymes
- How to lower elevated liver enzymes what are the risks
- Elevated liver enzymes causes
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?