What causes severe fatigue, dizziness, blurred vision, bloating and heartburn?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
I understand your concern and would like to explain that your current clinical symptomatology (excessive fatigue, dizziness, breathlessness, limbs edema, abdominal bloating, chest discomfort, etc.) is compatible to heart failure with right side decompensation (right heart failure).
Whether this right heart failure is caused by a chronic pulmonary disease (bronchial asthma, or hereditary pulmonary hypertension, etc.) or cardiac disease (congenital heart disease, ischemic heart disease, etc.) it remains to be decided by medical review of your clinical status.
Coming to this point, a careful differential diagnosis should be done.
Several medical tests are necessary in this regard:
- Resting ECG,
- Chest X ray study,
- Cardiac ultrasound,
- Arterial blood gas analysis,
- Pulmonary function test (PFT),
- Complete blood count,
- Liver and renal function tests,
- Blood electrolytes level,
- Thyroid hormone levels,
You need to discuss with your doctor or the nearest ER doctor about this issues.
If pulmonary hypertension remains a strongly suspicious responsible cause of the actual symptomatology, probably a cardio-pulmonary catheterization would be necessary.
Regarding the urgency of your contact with the doctor, I would say that it is necessary not to delay much further this important review of your aggravated health status.
If you work demands are not exhaustive (too much physical engagements, increased psychological stress, etc.) and your breathing problems are not limiting, then probably you can wait until the weekend to see your doctor.
But, in my personal opinion, I advise you to find a window (probably after work time) and ask for a preliminary fast medical review to the nearest ER service (just to assure that a severe homeostatic derangement is not present [severe acid-base or hydro-electrolytic disorder]).
I recommend you discussing with your attending physician on the above mentioned issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful.
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes occasional blurred vision
- What causes dizziness and nosebleeds with blurred vision
- What causes dizzy spells and blurred vision
- What causes head presuure with blurred vision and dizziness
- What causes depression with severe fatigue
- What could be the cause of blurred vision
- Fatigue dizziness breathlessness blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision
- What causes sudden blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision and shakes