What causes severe fatigue and lack of energy?
Common menopausal symptoms.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The reason for your lack of energy / interest is your menopausal status.
It is very common to have these symptoms during this period.
Try a lot of exercise, yoga / meditation and calcium rich food.
Get your calcium and vitamin D levels checked also.
If nothing works, you may try hormone replacement therapy for a few months, to see if that helps.
At the end of the day, it will be helpful to remember that it is just a phase, wherein your body is adjusting to the hormonal upheaval that menopause brings, and ultimately, this will pass.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Yes, normal during menopause.
Yes it is normal during menopause and peri menopause.
If it is very bad, a bout of hormone replacement therapy might help.
Feel free to write in to me directly anytime, using the following link -
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Severe fatigue
- Symptoms of diabetic, severe fatigue
- Night sweats and severe fatigue
- What causes depression with severe fatigue
- Diagnosis of diabetic, severe fatigue
- What causes severe fatigue mild fever and body pain
- Diabetic, severe fatigue causes
- Causes of severe fatigue
- Severe fatigue and body aches
- What could cause a painful neck headache and severe fatigue