What causes severe eye dryness while on Lotemax?

Posted on Sat, 8 Apr 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have had severe eye problems for about 9 months I have been to three eye doctors and a primary care.
symptoms: In the Am inside of the eyes are dry I put warm water or cold water on them to stop the pain and then they begin to tear none stop all day (warm or cold water dabd in the corner of my eyes stops the pain warm conpress helps (constant tears run down my face,) lower lids get irritated so all day i have a water film on my eyes making it hard to work (have to carry a tissue or face cloth) There is a slight itchiness by end of day head ache. No nasal breathing problem I did have my first cap put on about 8 months ago and nerve has been sensitive to that root (went to dentist maybe root canal) Ears are Fine went to ENT gave me drops that had an antibiotic for eyes (Tobramycin-dexameth ophth susp) another eye doctor gave me Lotemax also tried counter eye drop and Levocetirizine and now xiidra which is doing nothing. I have not seen one bit of difference the right eye is worse then the left. Now about 9 moths ago I did have a filler put in my face check and far head can that be the cause to anything. I am at my end and it makes it very hard to function every day. The only time that there is no pain is when I close them and put warm compress on them the tearing stops Please any suggestion I have also sleep with the window slightly open for fresh air no carpet in the house so no dust . by end of day the area under neath by eye get dark and very tired looking and sore no blockage in the tear canals under eye (per eye doctor)
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dry eye

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

You already have tried lot of potent medications but I feel it is a certain amount of dryness. For this lubricant eye drops 4 to 5 times a day will have to be put in, one drop at a time.

Did you have any relief when you took Levocetrazine tablets ? These can also be used once a day.

These drops should ideally take about a week to give appreciable effect.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist