What causes severe dry nose after a sinus infection?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
I am sorry to hear that you have lost sensation inside your nose. Have you also lost your ability to smell? If you have lost the ability to smell then you may have damaged the olfactory nerve. If this damaged then the ability to smell may not return. There are no medical od surgical treatments to help bring your smell back. If the problem is just lost of sensation then over time you should regain that ability. I would recommend not using any nasal spray or netti pots or anything up your nose. Using these products are damaging the nasal linings.
1. Loss of smell may not return even with treatment
2. loss of sensation needs time and no further nasal sprays or netti pot.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause sinus infections
- What bacteria causes sinus infection
- Sinus infection cause nose bleeds
- What could be the cause for a sinus infection
- Severe sinus infection causes
- What causes recurrent sinus infections
- What causes sphenoid sinus infection
- Nose ring cause sinus infection
- What causes repeated sinus infections
- What causes recurrent severe sinus infection