• question-icon

What causes severe dizziness, lightheadedness and mild nausea?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: I have been experiencing for last several hours SEVERE dizziness, lightheaded and mild nausea. Have not eaten since light lunch and no desire. Feels like food poisoning? The nausea in my stomach feels like increasing as is the disorientation, difficulty to walk. Any ideas or direction?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seek urgent emergency care. Take ORS.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You could be suffering from dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. There could be a component of gastritis involved as well. I would insist you to take ORS (oral rehydration solution) which could help in correction of the situation. Also mention if you have diabetes and/or hypertension. It would be advisable to get your blood sugar and blood pressure checked at the earliest. Additionally I would strongly insist calling up the emergency helpline and arranging for a visit to the ER at the earliest. You should not ignore the condition.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha