• question-icon

What causes severe dizziness after alcohol consumption?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I AM SO DIZZY. I WENT OUT FRIDAY NIGHT AND HAD A LOT OF ALCOHOL DRINKS. COULD THAT CAUSE ME TO STILL BE DIZZY FOUR DAYS LATER?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hangover and dehydration

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns . unfourtanetly alcohol intoxicationa nd hangover symptoms may last up to seven days. But the most important issue is to make sure that you are not dehydrated as alcohol is a diuretic which increases urine output and can make you dehydrated easily. Dehydration can be the cause of your dizziness. I would recommend that you drink plenty of fluids or even to take oral rehydration solution (50 mg / kg) over a period of 6-8 hours.

I hope I answered your question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman