What causes severe cramps under the rib cage and pain in arms?
Rib nerve irritation can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
If you do not have any nausea, vomiting, and the pain is not associated with foods intake, most probable reason of it, is rib nerve irritation.
This type of pain is usually sharp and well localized. It gets more intense when the chest is moving (when you are breathing), and less when it is not. Movement, can suddenly release the pressure on this nerve so the pain disappears.
Painkillers, physical therapy (pool swimming, massage, any other physical activity) can help. Usually there is no need to diagnose it unless the pain does not impede normal life.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does provera cause severe cramping
- What can cause severe cramps in my back
- What is the cause of severe cramps in ribs area
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- What caused severe cramp and brown discharge in the morning
- What causes delayed periods with severe cramps
- Severe cramp causes
- Severe cramps in rib cage
- Microgynon causing severe cramps
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain