What causes severe cramps that extends from the groin area to lower leg?
Further tests needed.
Hi and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Muscle cramps causes, especially when severe, should be investigated further in order to treat them correctly.
If I were your wife's treating Doctor, I will ask for further information about these symptoms such: are cramps related to fatigue or physical activity? does the diet of your wife cover all body needs for microelements, fluids? are cramps associated with other symptoms ( leg numbness, swelling, nerve pain )?
I would have asked for blood tests to evaluate electrolytes concentration, and leg nerve conduction study ( EMG) in order to have a correct opinion about the cause of muscles cramps.
In my opinion, your wife's cramps are more likely to be related to her spinal condition, but, as mentioned above, other causes should be assessed and excluded too.
These include dehydration, microelements depletion.
If you like to share more information about your concerns, I'll be happy to help you.
In mean time I suggest a treatment with a muscle relaxer ( Diazepam or Tiocolchicoside eg.) and vitamin B supplements.
Since it is a prescription drug, this should be discussed with your wife's treating Doctor.
Hope I helped you. Wishing both of you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cuses severe cramp at back of leg
- Severe cramping on outside of leg
- What can cause severe cramps in my back
- What is the cause of severe cramps in ribs area
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- What caused severe cramp and brown discharge in the morning
- What causes delayed periods with severe cramps
- Severe cramp causes
- Microgynon causing severe cramps
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain