What causes severe cramps in chest area, lower back and headache?

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My daughter has a severe side cramps and on right upper side (more chest area) and lower side/back pain on the left side. We have been driving a lot and just flew on a plane. Her symptoms came on suddenly and have lasted 3 days. She is also complaining of headaches. We are on vacation and 15 miles from town. Any suggestions on how to treat this and what it might be?
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Viral Myalgia with Muscular sprain due to exhaustive traveling

Detailed Answer:
Brief Answer:
Viral Myalgia with Muscular sprain due to exhaustive travelling

Hi Dear !! Thanks for your query for Your daughter, to HCM.
I reviewed facts of your query in context to your daughter's health issues.

My opinion-
Dear,in the given situation-your daughter seems to suffer from Viral/bacterial URTI(Upper Respiratory Tract Infection) with accompanied Myalgia and or Musculoskeletal sprain in chest and back area from long exhaustive travelling .

Do's Suggested-
Rest for 8 hrs
Take plenty liquids, water, juices to recoup drain on body systems
Good nutritious diet
Painkiller Tablets-Like-Ibuprofen 1 - 2 times a day
Diclofenac gel(OTC) locally to muscles in sprained areas.
Tab Loratidine- 1- x 2 times -
Tab Oflxacin-100 mg x 2 times
Continue for 5 days sincerely to control further increase.

Hope this reply would help you to resolve current problems and give a way out in current health issues.

If you update more information/ details upon these suggestions,I would give further suggestions on medicines to correct your health issues.

If need be, update any health issue 24 x 7 by a direct question to ME, at following HCM link-http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=12345

Dear, if satisfied,Do close this query with YOUR pleasing and excellent feedback comments to rate this reply and service, to boost the morale of incoming Emergency patients like YOU, at HCM services.

If you still want to update more details and ask more update queries ,
You are most Welcome herewith !!

Good Day!!

Wishing Good Healthy Life in time to come!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng