• question-icon

What causes severe chills, excessive sweating and body aches?

Posted on Sat, 15 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Husband is having severe chills then sweats and aches are over. No fever or other problems, in goof health. No meds active, 5'10 206 at. Do we have a problem? Or can it wait until Monday, and bp is 123 over 70.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What is his temperature?

Detailed Answer:

Am so sorry to hear your husband is sick. Would you kindly report his temperature at this time to me and the highest recording that you have obtained? Also, is he able to eat and drink well? Are there any other symptoms?

I prefer Tylenol over aspirin for fever and pain control for several reasons. I recommend that you discontinue aspirin and go with tylenol 1000mg every 6-8hours.

I will make the call on whether to see a doctor now or not depending on teh above details.

Waiting..
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 19 minutes later
Could this be cause by to much sun, or heat stroke?

Temp ha been 95 to 99.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can wait till tomorrow!

Detailed Answer:

With this temperature, he can wait and be seen tomorrow. It is unlikely that this is caused by a heat stroke because the temperature doesn't rise beyond the threshold. However, he's encouraged to drink much fluids as sweating can lead to dehydration.

I hope this guides and helps. Keep me updated on how his visit tomorrow turns out.
I wish him a speedy recovery.

Until next, be good.
Dr. Ivo Ditah