What causes severe chest pain with heart palpitations in a child?
I would explain as follows
Thank you for asking on HCM!
First of all I reviewed your uploaded ECG and would explain that her doctor is right about the ECG (normal sinus rhythm, without any arrhythmic events, without any qqatrio-ventricular conductance disorders or repolarization disorders).
I would like to review her cardiac ultrasound to have a better idea of how small or severe the interatrial jet is and to see also possible cardiac changes due to this congenital defect.
Regarding the different heart beats during chest pain I would recommend performing an ambulatory 24-48hours ECG monitoring (Holter) to be sure that no transient arrhythmic events is happening.
Coming to this point(normal ECG, normal cardiac ultrasound, except for the small small residual jet, normal Treadmill test), the only thing to be considered is endocarditis prophylaxis with antibiotics, which are recommended to be taken before and after invasive or XXXXXXX invasive procedures (like tooth extraction, endoscopy, vascular catheterization, surgery, etc.).
If any cardiac arrhythmias is revealed by the Holter monitoring, then a new cardiac review by her cardiologist would be necessary.
For the moment you should not worry about it, as all her tests are normal.
Please could you upload her last cardiac ultrasound report for a review?
Feel free to ask any other questions, whenever you need!
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes heart palpitations and chest pain
- What causes heart palpitations with stomach pain
- What causes severe chest pain after a heart ablation
- Severe chest pain causes
- Tuna causes severe chest pain
- What causes severe chest pain after eating
- Symptoms of severe chest pain
- Dirt bike accident causing severe chest pain
- Heart palpitations and minor chest pain
- What causes moderate to severe chest pains
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?