What causes severe chest pain with burning sensation in throat?
Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Welcome to HCM.
Thank you for your query.
I have gone through the post and understand your concern.
Based on your description you seem to have GERD.
Regular intake of NSAID drugs like Aspirin can cause mucosal erosion leading to Gastritis. I would suggest you to stop taking aspirin unless indicated by a doctor.
Also you need to start Proton pump inhibitors like Tablet Omeprazole on a daily basis for 3-4 weeks. It has to be taken one tablet daily,half an hour before food.
If chest pain still persists then you need to get an ECG and consult your cardiologist. But I think you will see some improvement with Omez. This is probably not related to heart.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain after pregnancy
- What causes severe chest pain after a heart ablation
- Severe chest pain on laughing unique problem cause of worry
- Severe chest pain causes
- Tuna causes severe chest pain
- What causes severe chest pain after eating
- Symptoms of severe chest pain
- Dirt bike accident causing severe chest pain
- What causes moderate to severe chest pains