What causes severe chest pain while sleeping in different positions?
Sometimes chest pain occurs when i sleep in a different position. sometimes when i breath in.
I go jogging for 45 minutes but i don't feel any chest pain at that time or after that time.I'm suffering from anxiety disorder, sleep deprived and having lot of burps.
Likely cause is Gastroesophageal reflux disease
From the description you gave, it appears to be a Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Due to reflux of acid into the oesophagus, it goes into spasms and gives pain.
The possibility of cardiac cause for the pain appears to be low as cardiac pain typically occurs on exertion and relieves with rest.
Heart attack pain may occur at rest, but would be more severe, associated with sweating uneasiness and would not persists so long without treatment. Presence of burps also supports it.
Do you also have upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, increase in pain on food, sour water feeling in throat or chest burning, these are the other symptoms and may be associated.
You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.
Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.
Use pillows or elevate head end of the bed during sleep or rest to decrease the reflux. You need to visit gastroenterologist if there is no relief and regarding the need for endoscopy.
You should also get ECG done just to be sure. You should get prescribed tab Pan DSR or Esomeprazole Domperidone combination before breakfast once a day for 2 weeks.
If not adequately relieved, then you should add Syr Sucral-O or Gelusil two teaspoon three times a day for a week.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Sagar Makode
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain after pregnancy
- What causes severe chest pain after a heart ablation
- Severe chest pain on laughing unique problem cause of worry
- Severe chest pain causes
- Tuna causes severe chest pain
- What causes severe chest pain after eating
- Symptoms of severe chest pain
- Dirt bike accident causing severe chest pain
- What causes moderate to severe chest pains
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?