What causes severe chest congestion with constant sticky phlegm in throat?
Start mucolytic, expectorant and antioxidant drugs.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Allergy can cause bronchitis. And this causes thick, sticky phlegm.
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
PFT is must for the diagnosis of bronchitis. It will also tell you about severity of the disease and treatment of bronchitis is based on severity only.
You may need antibiotics, inhaled bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS).
For thick secretions, mucolytic, expectorant and antioxidant drugs like N acetyl cysteine (NAC) is useful.
So consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever severe sore and red throat
- Having severe throat pain what could be causing this
- What causes soreness and congestion in throat
- What is the cause for throat pain and severe cough
- Can antidepressants cause constant drainage and congestion in throat
- What causes constant throat clearing
- Throat congestion causes
- What causes cough and need to constantly clear throat
- What could cause sore throat and severe headnasal congestion
- What causes constant sore throat with history of smokinh