What causes severe burning, itching and bleeding around scrotum?
Prolonged continuous treatment, good hygiene
Thanks for the query.
You have developed a fungal infection of the groin known as tinea cruris.
it is a chronic condition and needs prolonged treatment.
I treat such cases with a strong anti-fungal agent like itraconazole for 15 days followed by a weaker antifungal having a prolonged effect like fluconazole for another two months.
It is important that the medication should be continued for at least three months at one stretch even if there are no symptoms.
Is also important to maintain good personal hygiene.
You must dry your undergarments in sunlight, The fungus survives in undergarments and as soon as the medication is stopped it comes back again.
Please meet your treating doctor and discuss regarding the course of medication advised by me.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning pain around scrotum
- Red burning scrotum causes
- Nerves causing itching scrotum
- What causes itching in the scrotum
- Causes of scrotum discoloration no itching
- What causes bleeding from scrotum after shower
- What causes burning sensation in the scrotum
- What causes itching on scrotum and foreskin
- Bleeding caused by angiokeratoma of the scrotum
- What causes itching scrotum sac