What causes severe bruising in the lower back area despite taking anti-inflammatory medication?
Seems like a contusion
Thanks for the query.
As per your description it seems like minor contusion over back. Fracture is very unlikely because you won’t be able to walk if there is a fracture.
However get an X-ray to rule out fracture. Contusion will resolve well with conservative management in few days.
You can take analgesics like ibuprofen or diclofenac for pain. Anti inflammatory drugs like seratiopeptidase can be taken. Apply ice packs and take bed rest for couple of days, keep in mind that it is the most important thing.
Pain will persist for few days and you will be in good shape in a week.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have acne on back taken medication what is the cause
- What causes severe lower back pain
- What causes severe lower back pain and constipation
- Pain in back is cold the cause what medication
- What is the cause of back pain despite taking medicine
- What causes severe back pain
- Lower back bruises what could have caused it
- What medication be taken for lower back pain and stiffness
- Need medication for back pain caused due to hemodyalisis
- Severe lower back pain causes