What causes severe body pain with cold and cough?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hello doctor I'm XXXXXXX : female 23 yrs

i'm having sever body pain, running nose,night time cough from past two days.
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NEED FOLLOWING INFORMATION.

Detailed Answer:

Before giving answer to your query, I need following information to assist you better and give proper guideline.

1) Do you have fever? If yes, then how much?
2) Is there any joint pain or stiffness?
3) Any previous H/O sinusitis or asthma?
4) Bladder and bowel habit?
5) Do you notice any change in weight?
6) Any specific site of pain?
7) Any other specific symptom - describe briefly.

Waiting for your response.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: What causes severe body pain with cold and cough? 17 minutes later
bno fever taken corcine
shoulder and back pain no ho asthma .
and night time cough.
seeing period symptom..ln the month of may got period on 28th expected in XXXXXXX but in XXXXXXX got period twice 10th XXXXXXX n 23rd XXXXXXX heavy bleeding this moth still don't get my period

ast month got period twice and this

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional information.

According to your given information, it is MOSTLY suggestive of COMMON COLD and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS). It indicates that you will get period shortly.

Hormonal imbalance, stress can cause irregular bleeding. If you are sexually active, then you must undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubt.

TREATMENT: 1) I suggest to take Paracetamol to get relieve from body ache. Hot water bag compression and muscle relaxant gel can be used.

2) Common cold and cough may be due to throat infection (bacterial or viral) or seasonal changes / contact with allergen and dust particles.

One course antibiotic like Cephalexin or Combined Amoxicillin -Clavulanate along with Anti- histamine drug (like Levocetirizine etc) are usually given to treat this condition. Kindly, consult with your doctor for complete prescription.

I suggest you to take cough syrup like GRILINCTUS along with above treatment for suppression of cough and soothing effect in throat.

Some basic home remedies can improve your condition :

a) Drink plenty of water or fruit juice to stay hydrated and keep throat moist.

b) Inhale steam or use saline nasal spray to ease nasal congestion and drippy nose.

c) Stay away from household dust, pollens, powders, droplets, smoke, allergen substances etc.

d) Take one teaspoon honey & tulsi juice in the morning or hot drink like milk at bed time is quite helpful.

e) Take hot shower bath, sleep with an extra pillow under head and vitamin-C supplements are very much essential.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326