What causes severe back pain?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Back Pain
Question: I am experiencing pain in the middle of my back on my left side. When I bend down to put on socks or tie my shoes it can be very strong. It is spread throughout the region described above. Not on my right side at all, and not immediately adjacent to my spine.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscle sprain likely.

Detailed Answer:
From description it seems to be mechanical back pain, more related to posture while working. This can happen due to a lumbar muscle strain also.
For pain and spasm to go you have to do back exercises to relive the spasm associated with this. Doing hot fomentation and applying muscle relaxant gel will also be helpful in relieving the spasm.
Correct your posture while sitting. Take frequent breaks during your work.
Lie on hard bed. Avoid forward bending and lifting heavy weight.
You can take anti inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to relieve pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal