• question-icon

What causes severe back pain, frequent headache, neck stiffness and sore throat?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Lupus
Question: Hello. I have been trying to figure out what's happening to me. It was first a bunch of chest pain, shortness of breath and heart palpitations so I thought I had a heart issues. all tests came back normal. then my knees started swelling up with fluid and were too painful to walk. I got a CRP and sed rate tested they were elevated. rheumatoid factor was negative . was positive for the Hla-b27. on 2nd time around my see rate and CRP were normal again. rheumatologist was not quick to diagnose arthritis or anklyosing spondilitis. they said they didn't know. it's been months and my knees still hurt horribly everyday. I have terrible back pain, knee pain, hip pain in my sacrum. It is very hard to just get out of bed some days. I'm only 24.. I have had sacrum pain for years but I was always able to tolerate it. It started in the sacrum which gave me the thought of ankylosing spondilitis. It appears to be effecting my heart as well. really bad heart palpitations and chest pain. shortness of breath and such. I have pretty frequent headaches. my neck is very stiff a lot and I have sore throats when I wake up. I feel as though my lymph nodes are swollen in the neck. The pain is also very had in the morning and gets better throughout they day which is inline with AS. What are your thoughts? Could this be some kind of infection or AS? how am I supposed to live with this of it is AS? what can I do to get out of bed? What could help me get an actual diagnosis? and what about my heart being effected? I know I have lots of questions so thanks for your help!
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think its Ankylosing spondylitis .

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that it looks like ankylosing spondylitis only . I will answer all your queries but i will like to see your test reports first . Also did you ever had blood in stools , suffered from uveitis , also any history of psoriasis in you or your family . please get back to me with these details .

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist