• question-icon

What causes severe anal itching?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My anus area itchies and I have many yellow spots or dots usually is ichy at night time ... It goes and comes

I don't have any anal sex at allor anything touches my anud area never the only thing I had in the past was chlamydia but that was 10 + ago

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its probably fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From your description it seems to be fungal infection. Fungal infection can come and go. It is harmless and can be ignored for most part.

Applying anti-fungal cream like miconazole or clotrimazole over affected area should take care of the problem. Drinking hygienic food and cleaner drinking water will help control the itch.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Vaishalee Punj