What causes severe acidity, heartburn, chest pain and black vomiting?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am suffering from severe Acidity. I have heartburn and pain in upper part i.e. chest.I am not eating because of this severe pain. I am preferring to eat sweet lime, coconut water , Apple and cream biscuits. I am facing this issue since Sunday 5 a.m in morning. On Monday evening I had Sweet limes , Coconut Water , small Jowar roti and 2 XXXXXXX Chocolates and i went to sleep but i experience a pain which led to bitter black Vomiting. I am also taking Oxalgin Dp when pain occurs. Please let me know black vomiting is because of chocolates or any other reason?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Black vomiting is due to blood

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

It is classic of acute gastritis and you need to manage your diet and medications along with stress

Avoid junk spicy fermented and fried meals

Manage your stress levels

Add a good antacid 2tsf 4 times a day
A good probiotic twice a day
Pantoprazole and domeperidone twice a day

If the black vomiting continues you should go for an endoscopy

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar