What causes severe abdominal pain post a hysterectomy?

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Dear Sir
I am XXXXXXX aged 43, 5.7", 95kgs had hysterectomy in 2016 July, Earlier 2 delivery cesarean.I have been suffering from right upper quadrant pain earlier to the hysteroctomy. I have complaint free fatty liver, galbladder, Recently lungs , chest x ray test was conducted. MRI scanning scanning was done. Tests, scanning reports doctr's say-have no problem. But still i get severe pain, sometimes I have to breathe heavily, mostly night hours, sleep less nights caused by pain, feels gradual raise of pain after taking meal, and feel reduced pain after defecation in the morning. I have been taking High BP for the last 10years. Suggest to get rid of the pain and to sleep well.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gallbladder stone

Detailed Answer:
I admire your positive outlook and congratulate you for the attitude.

Now I guess you have pain in the Right upper quadrant. There are lots of pathological causes responsible for such type of pain.

However, let me give my opinion here.

As per your history is concerned you have done many tests may I know about all these tests in detail and also check whether you have done these three pathological tests like CBC, ultrasound whole abdomen for gall stones, stool and urine examinations. “If” already done upload these reports.

I request you to do one clinical examination done by any general surgeon of you area.

I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write to me.
Wishing you all the best.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 13 minutes later
Reports were uploaded
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
checked all reports and every thing is good but you have enlarged left lobe of liver. The enlargement of lobe can be due to many causes among them you have already done all tests and investigations except Portal Hypertension / Varices so I advise you to do following investigations to ruled out it,

(a)Image guided Liver biopsy and histologic examination
(b)Hemodynamic measurement of the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG)
c)Upper GI endoscopy or, esophagogastroduodenoscopy [EGD] which ever available.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy