What causes severe abdominal pain near the naval?
May be a complicated appendicitis
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
The history is going in favor of complicated appendicitis , which probably has perforated or has an abscess developing, thus causing all the classical symptoms.
I would advise you the following :::
Complete blood picture
Urine - routine microscopy.
Stool- routine , occult blood
Ultrasonography of abdomen.
CT scan of abdomen to confirm the the diagnosis and to plan fr further management.
The treatment will solely depend upon the findings on investigations.
CT Scan to confirm
The pain will depend upon the stage in which the disease has progressed.
The clinical diagnosis has to be confirmed by a CT scan. Ultrasonography has its own limitations.
If this is appendicitis, again the decision to operate will depend upon the stage.
IF this is just an inflamed appendix, one can go ahead with the Surgery.
If there is a mass formation, one prefers to give the antibiotics and supportive medicines till the mas is resolved , takes about 3 weeks to 6 weeks and then to go for a definitive surgery.
Of course other conditions also have to be ruled out to avoid surprises
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from severe abdominal pain what might be causing it
- What causes severe abdominal pains with low blood sugar
- What causes delayed periods with sever abdominal pain
- What causes diarrhoeaconstipationfrequent urination and severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain on coughing and sneezing
- What causes severe abdominal pain after having an intercourse
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes blood in vomiting with severe abdominal pain
- Severe abdominal pains causes