What causes severe abdominal pain and flatulence?
I have been having severe stomach pain for 8 days now. It started with sharp pains in my stomach and severe gas pains. I thought I had food poisoning or stomach virus. The next morning, I had a very sharp in my upper right far side (rib cage area), so an X-ray was done to check ribs. It came back clear. It never went away, so they did ultrasounds on the liver, kidney, gallbladder, and pancreas. It all came back clear. Last night, after eating a meal with olive oil and tomatoes, I had such a severe attack in my upper abdomen, it felt like someone punched me 4000 times, and almost took my breath away. Every breath hurt that area. It was the worst pain I've ever had. Today, my stomach is churning, upset, and gassy. Distended. Sore. That intense feeling in the upper abdomen has subsided a bit and is just sore all over now. If , just 3 days ago, the scans of all my organs came back clear- what could all of this be?? Any help
Is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM!
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. You are reporting to have had a severe attack pain in upper abdomen after meal.
To my opinion your symptoms may be related with :
- gastric ulcer that aggravates after tomato or spicy foods use.
- sphincter of Odd dysfunction
- gallbladder sludge
2. If I were your treating doctor i would suggest to do ;
- upper endoscopy to check for gastric mucosa.
If it came back normal than i would suggest to do abdominal MRI or MRCP to better evaluate biliary tree.
3. Meantime I would suggest to :
- use PPI's like pantoprasol twice per day
- use antacids like gaviscon
- avoid spicy foods
- eat often and small amount of meal
-avoid fatty foods
Hope it was helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from severe abdominal pain what might be causing it
- What causes severe abdominal pains with low blood sugar
- What causes delayed periods with sever abdominal pain
- What causes diarrhoeaconstipationfrequent urination and severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain on coughing and sneezing
- What causes severe abdominal pain after having an intercourse
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes blood in vomiting with severe abdominal pain
- Severe abdominal pains causes