What causes severe abdominal cramps, bloating and diarrhea?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am 52 years old . I've had severe cramping bloating diarrhea for days now. I can hardly walk without pain. I am the mother of 6 boys so I am pretty tough but this is excruciating. Not sure what it could lead be. The pain is from my diaphragm to pubis area. It hurts to touch this area. What could this be?i also have a slight fever
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You got infection of the Gastrointestinal tract.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, it looks like you are having infection of the Gastrointestinal tract.
I prescribe Antibiotic like Levofloxacin 250mg tablet twice daily for 5 days,Tablet Metronidazole 400mg twice daily for 5 days along with Pre and probiotic capsule twice daily for 5 days.
Please take Oral rehydration solution thrice daily.
Once the infection is controlled, fever will come down. I add Paracetamol 650mg thrice daily for 5 days if the fever doesn't come down after Antibiotic therapy.
Please consult your doctor, get examined clinically and get appropriate prescription.
Nothing to worry.
It will come down.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T