What causes several migraines during the day?

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I am having several brain zaps during the day that leave me debilitated and in pain.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are sometimes called ice pick headaches which are migraines

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to HCM.What you describe are migraine headaches. Remember that if you have a cardiovascular risk factors you will need to discuss this and have it worked up as you may be prone to or this is a segway to other serious conditions like subdural bleeds and hematomas. In the interim, you can treat these migraine headaches with Ibuprofen/NSAID's, beta blockers, tricyclics and the list goes on, what is important is to mention this to your doctor as you may already be on a medication that could be increased to curb the migraines. Also the medications that may treat the migraines may have contraindications to other medications you are already taking, I hope this helps, and good lcuk
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina