What causes sepsis?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in General Health
Question: What is Sepsis? I am not sure of the spelling!
What is C-diff? Are these caused from Diabetes?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for this query. i am so sorry to hear about your son's health.

Sepsis means there is a germ in the blood stream and has triggered a systemic inflammatory response. So when you have an infection that causes the entire body system to react, it is called sepsis.

C. diff is an overgrowth of this bacteria in the intestine as a result of antibiotics used in treating other infectious conditions.

Both conditions can be treated.

Diabetes weakes the immune system and can easily lead to infection. However, diabetes is not the direct cause of sepsis. Sepsis is synonymous to a germ causing a widespread infection in the body.

C. diff is not caused by diabetes either.

I hope this addresses your worries fully. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.