• question-icon

    What causes sensitivity and redness on urethra?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i have been to the doctor twice already, i am a 30 yr old male, i had urinalysis culture done, and came back neg for all, studs, and bacteria, my penis head is very sensitive when it touches my underwear, and now i am noticing my urethra looks like theres a red line going down towards the bottom of my penis.also looks kind of glued shut, its not terribly red, just slightly, no dicharge of any kind. doctor put me on cipro which did no difference, then he put me on naproxen which is not helping, he sais theres no infection, just inflamation according t the tests. plese help, dont know what to do!!1
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Inflammatory reaction most probably.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist,i can fully understand your concern.

When two urine cultures have come as normal,you don't have infection for sure.

Then the reddish discoloration is due to inflammation only.
You only need to take mild dose of anti-inflammatory tablets.
That only for a week at the most.

Drink 10-12 glasses fluids.
It should be cleared by that time.

Only if you're a diabetic,you should check blood HbA1C, FBS and PP2B.S.
If you've had sex with more than one partner,check :
VDRL,HIV and HbsAg.

Wish you well.
Feel free to clear any doubts, you may have.

Dr.Matthew J. Mangat.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Matthew J. Mangat


Practicing since :1981

Answered : 1897 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Hba1c

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from dehydration for a month and a half. The problem is when I get fluids from the ER, it comes back again because I have...

doctor1 MD

My Father has been gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.Mainly i want to know the health of the...

doctor1 MD

Can I reverse a possible chance that I have Typ 2 diebetties ?

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

199 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Matthew J. Mangat
  • Q - What does discoloration on the penis head indicate?

  • Q - Is sexual intercourse after a varicocele operation risky?

  • Q - What does numbness in pelvic area after using weed indicate?

  • Q - What causes bowel and urinary discomfort post radiation for prostate...

  • Q - Is Moxicip advisable when on treatment for TB ?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for UTI and blood in urine

  • Q - Suggest treatment for intermittent pain in right testicle

  • Q - What do recurrent UTI and incontinence after TOT cystoscopy indicate?

  • Q - What do these below lab reports indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for blood in urine, headaches and chills