What causes sensitivity and pain in the rib cage and right arm?
Two different conditions.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your query and understand your concerns.
Increased sensitive area that you describe seems to be distributed from spinal cord to ribs in a regular (dermatome) fashion.
This is a characteristic of nerve involvement (sensory nerve in your case) by compression.
Conditions such herniated disc disease, arthritis of the spine may cause it.
Pain at one side of the head could be related to different conditions ranging from primary headaches, ( migraine, tension type etc.) ear problems and inflammation of the temporal artery ( temporal arteritis ).
It is necessary to consult with your primary care Doctor, because there is need for a clinical examination and most likely imaging studies of your spine, in order to find the exact cause of your symptoms.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Heat applied locally can help.
Heat application locally ( over the affected part of the spinal column ) could help improve your symptoms.
Stretching exercises also could help.
If aspirin improves your head pain, it could be local inflammation that is causing it.
Getting evaluated by your primary care Doctor, should give more information about the correct cause of your symptoms.
Hope I helped you.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes flutter under right rib cage
- What causes persistent dull pain in right rib cage
- What causes pain in upper right rib cage area
- What causes pain below my right rib cage
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes pain below the rib cage
- What could cause swelling and pain in the rib cage
- What is the cause of rib cage sensitivity
- Pain under right rib cage causes
- Causes of pain on right rib cage