What causes sensation of air bubbles escaping through the vagina after urinating?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Im a 36 year old female, no children, hypothyroid. When I stand up after urinating, I can feel a some kind of a bubble escaping, I don't know if it is from Vagina or Urethra, though it feels like coming from above the Vagina. I got myself checked for urinary infection but there is no infection. I discussed this with my Gynaecologist but she did not find anything to worry about. She said since I do not have children, fistula may not be a possibility. I will be getting a scan done soon but wanted to know what could be the reason for such bubble escaping feeling after urinating. The problem started ever since I started playing some badminton and jogging as part of daily exercise, did it for about 2 month. I get that feeling sometimes when I shift positions too, like bending and standing up. No other symptoms. What could be wrong?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I don't think it should be a concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
Since you have done a gynaec check up and there is no problem within vagina , you need not worry.
Bubbling sound can be heard in prolapse some time ,that too very rarely.
As suggested you can get a scan to rule out any other issues.
Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj