What causes seizures when diagnosed with meningioma?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Thanks to you about a month ago I went into the Dr and was sent to ER and was diagnosed with Meningioma frontal lobe tumors and arthritis in my neck and had a slight stroke with extreme hypertension and parathesia , I do not have my first follow up until Nov. 29th with a neurologist.
However since that time out of the hospital, I have had more weird issues. In back of my head I am feeling weird sharp but quick pains in 2 different spots, and my head has twitched a couple of times back. I do have weakness in my bottom legs but the other day my legs stopped working, no weakness or any sign was provided. I stood up, took a few step and both legs gave out without notice and I fell. I am wondering if this is just part of meningioma and is normal or should I be going to the ER.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seizures to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In some cases, Meningioma may be associated with seizures, ( atonic seizures in this case), so, I think you should get evaluated for this possibility.

In my opinion, you should get evaluated in your ER about this possibility.

I think also you should get evaluated by a Neurosurgeon, besides the Neurologist.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad