• question-icon

What causes seizure?

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am currently in college and my final paper on a disorder is coming up. I have been diagnosed with having Seizures and I am taking 2000mg of Levetiracetam daily. My question is "is Seizures a disorder and what would the disorder be considered ? Thank you for your time. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Epilepsy manifests with recurrent seizures.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

Of course,recurrent seizure is a disorder.It is a phenomenal manifestation of the disease 'Epilepsy'.
Epilepsy can be genetic/idiopathic or acquired due to secondary/structural brain causes.
So,exact classification of the disorder gets established after investigations-Electroencephalogram(EEG) and Magnetic resonance imaging(MRI) of brain.

Hope this helps.I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with further questions.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist