What causes seizure during pregnancy?
Seizures can be related to pregnancy.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
From the history it seems that your daughter had a seizure during pregnancy- may be related to high blood pressure. If her blood pressure now is normal and she has not had any seizure in last 6 months then the medication that she is taking now can be stopped gradually but she needs to consult a gynecologist or a neurologist with complete previous records.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Do consult a neurophysician.
Thanks for writing again.
If the seizures were not related to pregnancy then you must consult a neurophysician for proper evaluation and discontinuation of medicines. In that case consulting a gynecologist will not help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes focal seizures
- What causes epileptic seizures
- What is the cause of seizure when on keppra
- What causes absence seizures
- What causes recurring seizures
- What causes febrile seizure
- Causes for urinating during a seizure
- What causes seizures and temproray paralysis
- What caused a seizure on a airplane
- What causes recurrence of seizures