• question-icon

What causes seeing of spots in vision?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My wife 62 years old, had vision oroblems last. Seeing black smoke in her left eye and actually thought she seeing a black fly flying around her. Shes on the computer all day every day but, she was very frightened and thought it was a XXXXXXX stroke. she took an aspirin and .05 mg of lorazapam. today she is waiting for it to happen again. what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Her eyes got really tired;monitor her blood pressure;if high,go to ER...

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the medical history of your wife and understood your concern.

Actually, taking into account her personal history of:
- symptoms onset
- being on the computer all day every day

I can say that all she is experiencing is due to staying in front of the computer for long time. Her eyes got really tired and giving signs of tiredness. If she has no personal history of cardiovascular disease? diabetes? high cholesterol levels?, then, no fear for XXXXXXX stroke.

However, advise her to take a rest. After working on the computer, advise her to see in long distance immediately, She can continue exercising her eyes and take frequent breaks during her work (alternating looking at objects far away with looking at the computer).

Next, ask her to rinse her eyes with water, rinsing with chamomile tea can also help cleaning and calming them down.

Measure her blood pressure (bp), if high, then, should go to ER. Otherwise, continue monitoring her blood pressure.

Ask her to have the meals regularly, do not skip any.

I do not think it will repeat again; wait and observe any unusual symptom she might have again. Do not forget to monitor her bp; if you do not have any personal bp monitor, go to the nearest pharmacy and get it measured there.

Hope it was of help!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 54 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Albana, that's what I figured.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Happy to be of help!

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

I'm happy to be of help.

Wait for today; have her rest more and be observative as recommended earlier, and then, let me know how it goes.

If no other query, please close this thread.
Thank you and all the best!
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini