What causes scrotum pain?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Question: HI.MY husband is telling me his scrotums soare. He is calling it blue balls. Is saying its because of lack of sex. Is this true?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Testis can not hurt because of lack of sex. This is not true. He may have scrotum pain due to some inflammation (testis inflammation, epidydimis) or even a cancer. If he really have testis pain, he should consult urologist and have ultrasound to rule out cancer. Urine analysis should be also done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.