What causes sciatic nerve damage post hip operation?
Nerve conduction tests can be of help.
Thanks for your query
I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. As you suspected sciatic nerve damage following hip operation, nerve conduction test will be helpful. Mecobalamine is of help. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. If pain is not relieved by it you can take strong analgesic such as tramadol after consulting your doctor.
I think you should look for cause of pain at operated hip also by x ray of that hip.
You can discuss with your doctor about it.
Hope your query is answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sciatic nerve damage in foot
- Sciatic nerve damage causes
- Lumbar puncture and sciatic nerve damage
- Can sciatic nerve damage cause heart problems
- Sciatic nerve damage and affect male erection
- Will amitriptyline help sciatic nerve damage
- Rocephin and sciatic nerve damage
- Sciatic nerve damage from injection
- How to cure disc disease sciatic nerve damage
- Permanent sciatic nerve damage