Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What causes scar tissues in the bladder?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I recently had a hysterectomy and during the procedure the doctor ended up putting his finger through my bladder. he told me that my bladder had a lot of scar tissue that would indicate multiple c sections. I have never had a c section. is that something I should be concerned about and what would be a reason for it. plus, since the catheter has been removed, I have blood in my urine.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Operative complication Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) It is not only a C section but any history of previous surgery or infection would have led to adhesions in your abdomen between different organs making it difficult to do hysterectomy. 2) While performing this surgery the doctor might have accidentally injured your bladder which he seems to have repaired and put the catheter for few days. 3) If catheter is removed in past 2 days and you have been seeing blood in urine dont worry. 4) If catheter is removed more than 2 days back and you are seeing blood while passing urine please see your doctor as it is a matter of concern. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes scar tissues in the bladder? 6 minutes later
yes, today would be 7 days since XXXXXXX has been removed and the blood in urine seem to be getting worse. is the scars on my bladder something that may cause issues in the future
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi, If its been 7 days you are seeing blood in urine you please see your operating surgeon for evaluation of wound. Future depends on type of injury. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor