• question-icon

What causes scar tissues in the bladder?

Posted on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I recently had a hysterectomy and during the procedure the doctor ended up putting his finger through my bladder. he told me that my bladder had a lot of scar tissue that would indicate multiple c sections. I have never had a c section. is that something I should be concerned about and what would be a reason for it. plus, since the catheter has been removed, I have blood in my urine.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Operative complication Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) It is not only a C section but any history of previous surgery or infection would have led to adhesions in your abdomen between different organs making it difficult to do hysterectomy. 2) While performing this surgery the doctor might have accidentally injured your bladder which he seems to have repaired and put the catheter for few days. 3) If catheter is removed in past 2 days and you have been seeing blood in urine dont worry. 4) If catheter is removed more than 2 days back and you are seeing blood while passing urine please see your doctor as it is a matter of concern. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
yes, today would be 7 days since XXXXXXX has been removed and the blood in urine seem to be getting worse. is the scars on my bladder something that may cause issues in the future
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi, If its been 7 days you are seeing blood in urine you please see your operating surgeon for evaluation of wound. Future depends on type of injury. Regards
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist