What causes runny nose, itchy throat and coughing up mucus?
runny nose periodically
but at least once a day I have a small tickle in my throat that results into a couple of minutes of gagging and coughing up nothing but slimy white and clear mucous.
a little wheezing afterwards
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. You are very right in your suspicions. All of your symptoms are classic for allergic rhinitis with post nasal dripping causing cough and white mucus.
Avoidance of allergens , home remedies like boiled egg and herbal tea etc helps the most. Cough and throat itchiness will get a relief.
As far as medications are concerned over the counter anti allergic are easily available and any one can be tried.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes runny nose
- Cough itchy eyes runny nose sneezing metallic taste cause
- What causes runny nose sneezing after colonoscopy
- What causes runny nose after eating
- Sore throat cough runny nose aching teeth
- Dry tickly cough sore throat and a runny nose
- Dry cough mucus in throat what could be the reason
- Hsv1 sore throat cough runny nose
- Hoarse throat runny nose cough
- Runny nose coughing sore throat