What causes runny nose, headache and dizziness?
although a common cold (that is runny and stuffed nose without fever or with low grade fever) may run a prolonged course (even more than 2 weeks) in most cases it starts to resolve when a week has passed. Sometimes it gets complicated with sinusitis which presents with worsening of headache and the rest of the common cold symptoms. The patient usually feels the area over the affected sinus tender to touch. Your doctor may identify this tenderness with palpation. In such cases antibiotic treatment is usually required.
Other useful measures include rinsing the nostrils with normal saline 2-3 times per day and perhaps also using corticosteroid nasal sprays. The antibiotics are supposed to do most of the work though.
Allergic reactions is another consideration if there's no sign of sinusitis. In that cases antihistamines and avoidance of the offending factor (if it can be identified) is required. Discovering this factor can be difficult and sometimes impossible.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes runny nose
- Dizziness sneezing headache runny nose
- Melatonin cause runny nose
- Drugs that cause runny nose
- Chronic runny nose causes
- What are the treatments for headache dizziness and runny nose
- What causes runny nose sneezing after colonoscopy
- What causes runny nose after eating
- Headache nausea sore throuat runny nose dizziness
- Constant runny nose causes