question-icon

What causes running nose?

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014
Question: I have been having running nose since morning. It has not been stopping since then. There is a watery flow always all the time. I took one cetzine. it does not seem to work. could u suggest some med ?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You are having acute rhinitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

As per your clinical history it appears that you are having acute rhinitis.
If I were your treating doctor, I would advice you steam inhalation twice daily , fexofenadine 180 mg & Antibiotic azithromycin. Antibiotics are prescription medicines. You will need to see your doctor to get a prescription.

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist