What causes running nose and blood in nose post recovery from sinus infection?
No need to worry
Welcome to HCM.
Blood secretion from nose could be because of allergic rhinitis or nasal congestion which is likely due to break of small capillaries inside nasal cavity or sinus but there is no need to be concerned much especially if it gets cleared after that.
Mostly, it is either allergic or viral in nature but nothing is to be worried ere.
You can take over the counter anti-allergic drugs like antihistamines (cetrizine or levocetrizine) twice daily to get some relief from runny nose.
Nebulisation twice daily with saline or steam inhalation 2 to 3 times a day would be best to relieve from runny nose and congestion symptoms if any.
It may take 2 to 3 days to subside from this symptoms but again there is NO need to about bloody nose.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause sinus infections
- What bacteria causes sinus infection
- Sinus infection cause nose bleeds
- What could be the cause for a sinus infection
- What causes running nose and sneezing
- What causes recurrent sinus infections
- What causes sphenoid sinus infection
- What causes running nose
- Nose ring cause sinus infection
- What causes repeated sinus infections