What causes rough patch of skin on the head of penis?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: I have a small rough patch of skin on the head of my penis. It's been there for a few weeks now. I have not had sexual intercourse for a few months now and have refrained from masturbation for a few weeks but there was no impact. They look like very small blisters although there is no pain at all nor any discharge
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection or fordyce spots most likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be fungal infection or fordyce spots. If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful in identifying.

Applying ointments with combination of anti fungal agents like miconazole, anti bacterial like gentamycin and corticosteroid like beclamethasone will be helpful. Avoid soaps and irritants to wash the area and instead you can use saline or warm water.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar