What causes robotic voices ringing in the ear?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi there. I am having the same robotic sound in my R ear for 2.5 wks as described by so many. I am an IM nurse and the physician I work for has looked in my ear and has found it to be normal. I also had a tympanogram done which was normal. I have been using Sudafed, Claritin and nasonex the entire time w/o relief of symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description, the symptoms you described are likely due to Eustachian tube blockage. Eustachian tube connects the middle ear to the back of the throat and can get blocked with mucus or sticky fluid leading to the robotic sound that you mentioned.

2 steps can be taken further

1) N acetylcysteine is a mucolytic which thins out the secretions and makes it easier for them to be removed thus relieving the blockage.

2) consult an ENT doctor to assess for the need of a course of antibiotics. You may also ask for the above option which can be prescribed accordingly.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 17 hours later
How long of a course of the N acetylcysteine do you recommend? Also, how many capsules and how often.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Its available in XXXXXXX form as mucolator containing 200mg per XXXXXXX One XXXXXXX twice a day can be advised for 2 weeks to see for improvement. If its used in capsule form then the same 200 mg twice a day can be followed.

Thanks