What causes ringing in ears, dizziness and memory problem?
Sorry to learn about your symptoms.
When you meet your endocrinologist in-person, discuss your TSH goals. I generally aim for 0.5 to 2, provided there is no major untreated heart disease or osteoporosis.
I also target the Free T4 blood test result to be near the higher side of the normal range, again with the same rider as above.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your 3 month glucose average)
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
Anti Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) antibodies
Anti Thyroglobulin antibodies
25 hydroxy Vitamin D None of these tests require any fasting and can be done at any time of the day
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Crystals in ears causing dizziness
- What causes dizziness and vision problem
- Calcium in ears causing dizziness
- What causes lump behind ear and extreme dizziness
- What causes dizziness pain in left ear and headaches
- What causes ear ringing
- Fluid in ears causing dizziness
- Ear pieced cause dizzy
- Cause of dizziness swishing in ear
- Does ear wax cause ringing andv dizziness