What causes ringing in ears along with loss of hearing?

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Since a day or 2 I feel my ears are blocked.. There is no pain or anything as such,. But when cant hear anything loud. I feel some sort of disturbing sound. In both the ears but more on right ear.
Please advise, who could be the cause.

And sometimes, when people speak in a very low tone it is hard for me to hear them.

Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are most probably having eustachian tube blockage .

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I have read your query and understand your concern.

As per your clinical history it appears that you are most probably having eustachian tube blockage due allergy or infection result into block sensation in ear. It result into decrease hearing .

If I were your treating doctor , I would advice
Steam Inhalation twice daily,
Saline nasal spray thrice daily ,
anti inflammatory Paracetamol twice daily &
Antihistaminic Tab Claritin at night.

You will get relief .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Krunal Karade 19 hours later
Hello Dr,

Can you please prescribe the Tab and the spray for me ?

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use antihistaminic like Tab Allergra M at night ...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for the follow up query.

Treatment plan for you .
Steam Inhalation twice daily,
Saline nasal spray thrice daily like solspre 3 puff each nostril 5 times daily ,
anti inflammatory Tab Combiflam twice daily after meal &
Antihistaminic like Tab Allergra M at night .

You will get relief .
You will need prescription for medications .

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj